Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boston's St. Patrick Days Parade!




So for the St. Patty's day parade in Boston I thought I could just use my fathers convertible... wrong! I guess stick shifts do not equate well with the stopping and slow going of a parade route. So in a matter of days I needed to find a convertible for the parade, and thank everything for our old barn manager, Tricia Murrey, who so kindly lent me her Mercedes convertible!
Needless to say I had to get this convertible from Acton, where Tricia lives, to the city. Oh, and did I mention my parents were gone so I had to transport Charlie and Luna, the two dogs back to the city in it? Hmm... Well the drive was probably the most stressed out I have ever been in the history of my life. Thankfully my student Leah was with me, and spent the vast majority of the ride in the back seat attempting to keep the dogs on the towels that were protecting the seats. Oy vey.
Well I finally got the car to Somerville, and the next morning departed to South Boston to the parade route. Actually, this may have taken first place for the most stressful drive ever as every time I attempted to get to South Boston I was re-routed by angry police officers telling me I couldn't enter. Finally after about the 7th time of being told I could not enter the street I needed to, despite my protests that I was in the parade, I pulled over and started hysterically crying. The officer came over and gruffly told me to stop crying, and let me explain that I was supposed to be in the parade, and FINALLY let me through the barricade towards the parade route. Victory!
Once I finally got there, we lined up and started mingling with the other parade-ers. Here I am with what Billy Costa said on tv was the best ride in the whole parade! Again gigantic thanks to Tricia for letting me borrow her gorgeous car! Dana is also in this picture, and was so sweet to drive me in the parade! He was also a genius and snuck our way to the front of the parade route, since it was totally a bit unorganized....


The line up was a very eclectic group of different people, and it was nice getting to meet everyone. My favorite by far was the Ghost Busters group, as that is totally my favorite childhood movie.


The parade itself was so much fun, and it seems like I saw everyone I know there! This includes... my sisters best friend from high school, my boyfriends favorite co-worker, two boys I went to high school with, and one of my good friends from college. I received about a hundred marriage requests, and smiled so much my cheeks hurt. The parade itself was ridiculously long! It took three hours from start to finish, and there were over 600,000 people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment