Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Middlesex County Pageant




The Miss Middlesex County Pageant is something that is very near and dear to my heart. This is a pageant I have been participating in ever since I started pageant-ing, and is the title representing my childhood county.
This pageant was one of the most competitive I have seen all year! It was amazing- everyone totally rocked it. There were 18 girls so they could give 4 titles out. The first group was vying for the titles of Miss Middlesex County and Miss Collegiate Area. Cherise Leclerc has been playing the harp for years and played a beautiful song for her talent segment. After owning all the phases of competition she won the title of Miss Middlesex County.



I have been competing with Cherise for almost as long as I have been pageant-ing. She is such a wonderful person, and one of my favorite girls in the program. She was Miss Massachusetts Outstanding Teen and has placed top five for the past three years at Miss Mass!
The title of Miss Collegiate Area was awarded to Ashley Rizzo, who by the way is Miss Boston 2010! She did a lovely job as always and sang a beautiful aria from Carmen. I am so excited to get to compete this year with my fellow Miss Boston sister and to get to know her better!

My pictures of the crowning of the other two titles did not come out which breaks my heart because they are two girls that I absolutely LOVE. Emily Bird has been competing with me for years, and I feel like is totally a fellow underdog. She scored her first title at this pageant and is now the reigning Miss Eastern Massachusetts! She was so lovely, and it has been such a privilege to watch her grow and succeed over the years.
The last title of the evening went to Cecilie Pope, who has one of the best talents I have ever seen on a Miss America stage- including states and nationals. This was her first pageant ever and she did such an amazing job! She is a phenomenal competitive ballroom dancer, and I was totally blown away after her talent. I think if she had not have won I would have demanded a recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment