Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Greatest Belly Dancing Teacher of All Time!



Hello Everyone!
So every time I perform or talk about my talent people inevitably ask how I learned to belly dance. I then go on to tell them how I was originally predominately self-taught (minus the few introductory lessons my good friend Simone Stemper taught me). However, the beginning of last fall I felt as though the progression in my dancing had reached a stalemate, and I decided I needed to take real classes. I did extensive research on teachers in the area, and settled on Nadira Jamal, who coincidentally lives quite close to me in Somerville.
I have been taking lessons with Nadira for over half a year now, and I have progresses faster than I ever hoped I could. Nadira has one of the best teaching styles I have ever been exposed to, and breaks seemingly impossible concepts down into something very digestible and easy to understand. Besides being a gifted teacher, Nadira is a wonderful and intelligent person, who radiates positivity and always has something nice to say (even if you are doing a rather lousy job at times...)
Nadira runs classes in a studio in her own home, but also teaches at Third Life Studio in Union Square, Somerville. She is starting a new class on March 27th which meets noon- 1pm at Third Life Studio, and you can get details and register at: http://www.bellydancesomerville.com/join-the-class/
Plus, if you list "Miss Boston" or "Sara Carlisle" in the referred by field when you register for the full session you can choose from a free hip-scarf or a CD from Nadira's stock!
Hope to see you there!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So glad you found a teacher you love. Thanks for giving me credit too, you big star, you! I miss you so much. Excited to have found your blog though! Congrats on winning talent! So exciting!

    Sending you lots of love. <3

    Simonie

    ReplyDelete