Saturday, March 12, 2011

CMN-ing!





So, Tuesday March 1st the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) hosted their National Pancake day in order to raise money for Children Miracle Network Hospitals. They were able to raise over $2.5 million for these hospitals by serving up a free short stack of pancakes and asking patrons to donate what they would have paid for pancakes.
Stephanie and I hit up the IHOP in Harvard Square- Cambridge, bright and early (7AM). Here I am in front of the donation box. You can tell it is really early because my eyes are clearly not opening properly.

Despite having to leave the house at quarter of 7 it was a very fun appearance. Stephanie and I got breakfast and I got to hand out stickers. Here I am with some nice young men that I have just sticker-ed after enjoying their free pancakes.

On March 3rd I journeyed out to western Mass to do an appearance with one of my best friends, Kimmy Supernaw. Kimmy was Miss Mayflower 2010, and before giving up her title- she is competing in her home state of Vermont this year, I went down to Baystate Children's Hospital to attend a radio-a-thon with her.




Here are Kimmy and I "answering" phones at the radio-a-thon and Kimmy signing an autograph. Kimmy has these adorable inspiring messages that she writes on her autographs that totally kick my "Lots of Love from Miss Boston" butt.
Once we settled into the hospital, we went upstairs to the play deck to meet some of the kids. I met the cutest little girl named Casey who was total a girl after my own heart and wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. She also had an awesome headband which gave her extra points.




No comments:

Post a Comment