Monday, March 14, 2011

Totally Wired





The first Friday of every month, all the amazing artists of the SOWA Artist Guild in Boston put on a huge open house of all their different galleries. Dana Rosengard, one of the Miss Boston board members, invited me to his friend's gallery to meet and greet.
Brian Murphy is an amazingly gifted artist who works with steel wire to create these amazing and intricate sculptures. I had such a fun time at the gallery, and I felt like a little kid in a candy shop- there was so much to look at!

When Brian heard I would be attending his open house, he made all of these amazing Diva sculptures in my honor! He even made an amazing replica of "Miss Boston", which of course I bought and is now sitting next to my little awards on my center console under my TV.

This was such a fun appearance, although I feel that my presence came as quite the surprise for many of the visitors that night. I got asked if I was really Miss Boston about two hundred times along with the question "Are you for real?".
Here is a picture of me with Dana and Brian as the night was winding down.


1 comment:

  1. You were the best greeter ever. Everyone should have been able to tell you were for real by the glow around your tiara.

    ReplyDelete